Terratech is a Geotechnical, Environmental and Construction Drilling company based on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. We service Vancouver Island and the rest of BC (British Columbia).
Preference given to candidates based in Parksville, B.C, that are willing to travel around Vancouver Island.
Previous drilling experience is not required. Preference will be given to applicants with relevant industrial/construction/labourer experience.
Wage offered will be based on applicant’s experience, certifications, and abilities.
You will be expected to perform activities including but not limited to:
– Assisting drillers in completion of site activities such as site setup & cleanup, support equipment operation, drilling, and equipment/tooling maintenance
– Following safe work practices at all times
– Loading and unloading equipment/tooling/materials for mobilization to and from site
– General shop/yard work including assisting mechanics with equipment maintenance, shop cleaning/organizing/maintenance, and picking up parts around town
– Relevant industrial/construction work experience
– Valid driver’s license (class 5 minimum) holder with a clean abstract. Ideally class 3.
– Good communication skills
– Ability to work 10+ hour shifts out of town for up to a 1 week at a time
– Ability to work outdoors year-round, performing hard manual labour (able to lift 50+ lbs.)
– Strong work ethic and a willingness to learn
– Mechanical ability an asset
– Level 1 First Aid, WHIMS, H2S and other safety certifications are an asset
– Excellent Compensation
– Access to health benefits plan after 3 month probation
– Paid Professional Development Opportunities
– Living out allowance during fieldwork/travel
– Overtime pay
– Advancement opportunities as you gain experience and skill
Salary: $20.00-$23.00 per hour during probation